Steve Lopata’s professional experience spans over 40 years. His consulting and accounting practice, located in Highland Park, Illinois and Long Beach, California, is geared to individuals and small to mid-sized businesses, requiring various services.
Some areas in which the consulting and accounting practice is experienced include;
- Business accounting and financial advisory services,
- Business and individual income tax planning,
- Individual estate planning,
- Client representation in front of the Internal Revenue Service and various state taxing authorities,
- Investment advisory services,
- Business mediation,
- Consultations involving international transactions,
- Business start-up and organizational structuring,
- Real estate transactions including complex like-kind exchanges.
Mr. Lopata’s professional experiences include;
- Financial and investment manager for two Chicago family offices,
- Independent floor trader and member of the Chicago Board of Trade,
- Adjunct accounting instructor at the Lake Forest campus of DePaul University, FKA Barat College,
- Supervisor in the personal wealth management division in the Chicago office of a national CPA firm,
- Co-founder of EA Compliance, Inc., a specialty compliance company focused in USA Patriot Act matters.
Steve Lopata is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Illinois and California. He is also certified as a Personal Financial Specialist, Certified Fraud Examiner, and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. His professional memberships include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Illinois CPA Society, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists. He has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Drake University.